Valley Women's Running Team
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VWRT Community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
palmerjenny

palmerjenny

"vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine Empty
PostSubject: "vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine   "vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:52 am

Crevasse and Kepler trails have recently been marked with painted orange arrows presumably for the upcoming race and cross country running practice. I don't object to painted arrows on the trail itself - we've done this for trail night. What I'm disgusted by is that the cross country routes (marked with directional arrows with 'XC' beside them) also have 'XC' painted on several trunks of living trees on the Rooty Trail. This is totally unacceptable! Does anyone know who could have done this?? I plan on calling the District Office to make a complaint on Monday.
Back to top Go down
porcello

porcello

PostSubject: watch out dog owners   "vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:55 pm

And...
If you hike, bike, or run with dogs off leash here beware. My dog (my other one knows better) has found and rolled in human doo-doo twice--DISGUSTING!!! Both spots were right off the trail, but each in different locations.
Back to top Go down
palmerjenny

palmerjenny

PostSubject: Re: "vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine   "vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:20 pm

yuck!

Taig and I counted 5 trees marked with "XC" on the Rooty Trail yesterday. The crazy part is that the markings weren't even at trail junctions where someone could get lost.
Back to top Go down
jross

PostSubject: Re: "vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine   "vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:44 pm

I heard that Palmer high XC country has been practicing there...it may be worth contacting their coaches. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine   "vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"vandalism" (for lack of a better word) at Crevasse Moraine
Page 1 of 1