Valley Women's Running Team
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VWRT Community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's dry?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
palmerjenny

palmerjenny

What's dry? Empty
PostSubject: What's dry?   What's dry? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 11:14 pm

Does anyone know which, if any, area trails are dry and ready for foot traffic? I'm betting that the old side of the Butte and Eklutna will be first to dry up. Are they dry now?????? Question
Back to top Go down
aroberts

What's dry? Empty
PostSubject: response to "whats dry"   What's dry? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 3:57 am

The old side of the Butte is ready but the new side is terrible. On the really steep parts it is so wet and muddy that it is dangerous. I will try to get out to Eklutna this weekend to see how it is. I will keep watching the new side of the Butte to see when it looks safe, but with the rain in the forecast it may take longer to dry up.

Amy
Back to top Go down
juliec

What's dry? Empty
PostSubject: Sports complex   What's dry? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 2:53 am

Hi -- trails behind the Wasilla Sports Complex were still pretty mucky -- and that was BEFORE all this lovely snow today. They will need some good sun and time and NO ATVs to get good. These are my home trails so I will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
palmerjenny

palmerjenny

What's dry? Empty
PostSubject: as of 5/10   What's dry? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 2:15 am

South side of the Butte

Mat River

and????
Back to top Go down
porcello

porcello

What's dry? Empty
PostSubject: kepler   What's dry? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 3:34 am

Most of the Kepler trails are dry--you just need to know where to go. If you stay high and avoid a few spots, there are several dry loops. It is nice to get in a few runs before the leaves block the views and bugs attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's dry? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's dry?   What's dry? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's dry?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valley Women's Running Team :: Running :: Trail Running-
Jump to: