Valley Women's Running Team
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VWRT Community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running Fabrics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen Horacek

Jen Horacek

Running Fabrics Empty
PostSubject: Running Fabrics   Running Fabrics Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:22 am

Hi Ladies! As a new runner, I am always wearing whatever I have. Our gorgeous weather Surprised hasn't caused any overheating yet...but what am I to look for when buying clothing for running? What fabrics? What layers and how many? Where to shop? How much is too much to spend? (So, I don't get ripped off) Any advice will help!

Jen
Back to top Go down
Natalie Cadieux

Natalie Cadieux

Running Fabrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running Fabrics   Running Fabrics Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:57 pm

I would say you will be most comfortable in fabrics consisting of a polyester/lycra blend, or coolmax "technology." Basically, anything that will wick sweat away from your body and not hold onto it. Your bra is just as important as your other layers, so don't skimp on the performance of that fabric, especially if you sweat like I do! REI has a great line of OXT clothing, both for summer, fall and winter conditions (the latter of which will be most appropriate for our lovely June weather). Neutral

Regarding layering, I am probably the worst person to respond out of our group because I run consistently colder than most... hence the gloves, jacket and running tights all season thus far. A safe bet would probably be a tshirt and longer sleeved shirt over top (or windbreaker if Palmer conditions are as usual). Figure out how long it takes you to warm up, and how many layers you wear when you're halfway in to your run and most comfortable - you can always strip down if you don't mind tying clothing around your waist.

I have found that Sports Authority has a greater selection of running fabrics at all ends of the pricing spectrum. Good luck!
Back to top Go down

Running Fabrics
Page 1 of 1