Valley Women's Running Team
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VWRT Community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Race Protocol?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen Horacek

Jen Horacek

Race Protocol? Empty
PostSubject: Race Protocol?   Race Protocol? Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:56 am

Hey Ladies,
Jen Horacek here, some of y'all know me, some don't, but I have a bit of a problem and I wanted to see what you guys think.

This is my third year with the team but I am still prretty inexperienced at the whole racing environment. Today I just completed the Eklutna Challenge...it was beautiful, it was amazing, it was emotional and I finished!!! And it kicked my hiney!! I was last and I am totally okay with that but what I am totally pissed about is that the race was all packed up when I got to the finish, the medical team was gone, the couple running the race were by the cabin but nobody acknowledged me or checked my number in. Also along the race, because I took so long they had already removed the turn around markers and all the other trail markers. I have NO idea how far I went, but I eventually turned around and headed back. I just checked the website to make sure I did not miss any sort of fitness requirements or a time limit and I did not. So I am pretty sure the race was open to a girl like me. Is this normal? Is this what I can expect all the time? Let me know what you think because I may need to write them and their sponsers. I am very hesitant to try again next year.

But I am auper proud of myself for accepting the challenge and completing it!!
Jen
Back to top Go down
chsskier

Race Protocol? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Protocol?   Race Protocol? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi Jen,
Congratulations on your race accomplishment! Yes, you are justified in being put out by the race organizers lack of caring about even the slowest competitor. I have been racing my whole life, and have been at the back of the pack before too. It is a safety issue to not account for all competitors, at the very least. But it does happen, I have been to events like that, though not many. Most events that don't publish time limits or qualifying previous finishes in similar races, do not leave before everyone is done! Definitely contact the race organizers and let them know.
Sue S.
Back to top Go down
jross

Race Protocol? Empty
PostSubject: WAY TO GO!   Race Protocol? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:03 pm

Way to go Jen! I definitely think you should call the race organizers... and I think you should do it again next year if you want to! I hope this doesn't deter you from doing other races. I am always nervous to try new races let alone The Eklutna Challenge. Good for you!
Julie R.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Race Protocol? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Race Protocol?   Race Protocol? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race Protocol?
Page 1 of 1