Valley Women's Running Team
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VWRT Community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to the group.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cacrevans

cacrevans

New to the group. Empty
PostSubject: New to the group.   New to the group. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:33 pm

Hello All,

I recently stumbled across the VWRT website through a search while looking for local runs. I’m very interested in possibly becoming a member and was hoping to gain a bit more information about it through this forum.

A little history about me: I’ve lived in Alaska for the past 12 years. I’ve lived here in the Valley since the summer of 2007. I have been married to my husband for 5 years and we have a beautiful baby boy that will turn 1 this month! I used to run often before I had my son and competed in a few 5K & 10K local runs. I’ve been running a few days a week at the running track at the Sports Complex but feel I need a bit more coaching. Not to mention it would be more fun to run with other people.

I look forward to getting know the ladies of VWRT and hopefully joining your group.

Christin Evans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
palmerjenny

palmerjenny

New to the group. Empty
PostSubject: welcome!   New to the group. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:40 am

Hope to see you at one of the Tuesday workouts!
Back to top Go down
Lisa

Lisa

New to the group. Empty
PostSubject: New to group   New to the group. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:07 am

Hello, I also stumbled upon this site this winter and would very much like to go running. I'm very inexperienced, I was runnnig a little bit last summer but my endurance is really down. I am wondering if I would be the only slow poke out there? Also would any one have reccomendations as to which I should attend first a trail run or track run? I am so excited to meet other people to run with, I can't wait to meet you guys!
Back to top Go down
lorenelynn

lorenelynn

New to the group. Empty
PostSubject: please come and check it out!   New to the group. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi Lisa,

The running group is compsed of a wide range of runners from beginners who are new to running this year and those who have been at it a long time. You can come to either, track or trail to start, but the track nights have the coaches and a much larger group of women who come. The trail nights are much less formal, but are planned to coordinate with the track nights.

If you have any questions, please give one of the board members a call (we are all listed on the board members page of the website) and we would be happy to help you.

We look forward to seeing you.

Lorene
Back to top Go down
Natalie Cadieux

Natalie Cadieux

New to the group. Empty
PostSubject: VWRT   New to the group. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:20 pm

This running team is perfect for anyone, because there are so many varying levels of abilities, and the coaches do a fantastic job of coaching to your individual level. When I joined a few years ago I had JUST started running and wasn't sure if I would enjoy it enough to keep up with it. But after having received Rhonda's coaching expertise, built friendships and witnessed the support of the women and amazing comraderie really fed my running addiction. bounce

I mirror Lorene's sentiment, we can't wait to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Lisa

Lisa

New to the group. Empty
PostSubject: Tuesday   New to the group. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:40 pm

I'm coming on Tuesday. You are all so nice, I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
cacrevans

cacrevans

New to the group. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the group.   New to the group. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Awesome! I'm coming on Tuesday too! I look forward to meeting everyone!

See you tuesday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to the group. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the group.   New to the group. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to the group.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valley Women's Running Team :: Running :: Road Running-
Jump to: