Valley Women's Running Team
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
In order to view or post messages in the forum, you must be a registered member of Valley Women's Running Team. The information contained in the forum is for the sole and private use of members of Valley Women's Running Team.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VWRT Community

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
arpettit

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: Question???   Question??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 5:44 pm

I'm curious about building weekly mileage capacity.
If I do miles on the stationary bike or eliptical machine, does that count towards my running miles for the week?
Forgive me for my ignorance!
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
palmerjenny

palmerjenny

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: great question!   Question??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:00 am

I think the eliptical might count but not the stationary bike if you're tallying 'total weekly running mileage'. I'd be more inclined to log time rather than miles, that way you can total it all up together. When I log my workouts I record time, average heart rate, and max heart rate. What does everyone else do?
Back to top Go down
kwolf

kwolf

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: time vs. miles   Question??? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 5:17 am

When I have the information I record miles, whether on the bike or on a run. However, I keep track of time for each activity as well and compile that for a weekly total. The weekly total in time is most important to me because it includes every activity. I can look back in my log books prior to an event and see how much time I was putting in and how it positively or negatively affected the outcome. If you only look at miles and ignore the other time put in (even time lifting weights or yoga) you may cross the line into "over training" before you realize it.

I am a bit like Jenny though, and record data on anything that I can! Heart rate, average pace etc... sometimes it's nice to leave behind all of the gadgets and just go out for a run - even without a watch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question???   Question??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valley Women's Running Team :: Running :: Road Running-
Jump to: